WOB is for Wolfsburg

From January to August 2001, I lived in Wolfsburg, Germany. I had an unexpected great time, perhaps even the time of my life. And this is the story... (it starts at the bottom of the page)

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Housing problem solved

The last two months in France really flew by. I got a reply for the student house of WOB. Told me they had a room available for me but couldn't guarantee it would be furnished so I turned it down. Cause at the same time I was contacted by a German family. They lived in Vorsfelde, the posh "suburbs" of WOB (or so they like to think), the previous translation intern had stayed at their place and they were ready to rent me the spare bedroom. I would have my own bathroom, would be able to use their kitchen and they would even do my laundry. When I called them, they seemed nice enough (and they spoke slowly!) so deal!

It's also at that time that I realized my friend Caro would be in the same area as me. In Braunschweig, about 20 km from WOB.

All that put together I had cheered up a bit. And already it was time for the last parties in Lyon. Alcohol was flooding all over. Then emptying my appartment. Christmas and New Year's Eve at home with my family. I started packing. Took a whole day. The luggage were kept to a manageable size.
And at 5am, on Thursday the 5th of January, we left again for WOB. No turning back now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home